Monday, July 13, 2009

Plumbing Problems (5) & Fox Management Group (#218)

Mara never directly responded to our multiple e-mails.
She did contact a plumber who called us...
I e-mailed Mara...
We received a phone call from Jeffrey of Jeffrey Service Co.
(I checked him and his company out before calling back.)
Mara followed our instructions to the best of her...abilities and passed our phone number to him.
Well done on that score, Mara.
However, as I expected, Mara failed to convey even the basics of the problem coherently.
I recounted the events leading up to the present watery dilemma,
Jeffrey suggested a course of action, and we made arrangements with him to deal with the plumbing problem on Monday, July 13th.
Still awaiting an answer on my other questions, Mara.

Today, Monday, things got interesting, as I e-mailed Mara...
The guys from Jeffrey Services were here at 8am!
Talk about prompt! ;-)
They surveyed the situation, including the fact that our closet space, which the other apartments on the '60 E line use for their washing machines, has NEVER been outfitted for the same purpose, hence no access to condo plumbing thru it!
After a brief conversation with Eddie that I was not privy to, the plumbers told me they would return tomorrow at 9am, and may have to open up our closet wall to put some sort of access port.
I told them it might be allowed, conditional to their restoring the wall to previous sealed condition (obviously including the access port) before leaving for the day.
NOTE: 1E's owner was here on Sunday, July 12th, prepping his unit for his new renters who will arrive this Saturday, July 18th.
He told me that he gave Eddie the keys to 1E to allow access if the plumbers needed it.
Since his unit, directly above us, DOES have a washing machine, and thus, an access port, I question as to why the plumbers would have to install one in our unit!
No response, as of this point.

Monday's total for Fox Management Group's still-unpaid bill from July, 2008(almost a year ago)...$711.02, from an original $75!
Note; now that the 1% per workday cumulative late fee is over $7, it's really starting to mount up, at a rate of $35+ a week!
And, it's over 200 (two hundred) late charges, and almost a full year...
I hope Mara's better with her library books and DVD rentals! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.